Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 13: Athens to Mykonos

We returned our second car, left our last motel, and boarded a cruise ship for 4 days. Our first stop is the Greek island of Mykonos. We stopped here tonight at 7:30 pm for a few hours, then we'll board the ferry again and travel overnight to Ephesus, Turkey. The cruise ship has internet service, but it's a dollar a minute and and I have to use their computer (which means I can't upload pictures from my camera). l'm at an internet cafe on Mykonos that has Wifi right now and hope I can find another tomorrow. I have great pictures of Mykonos, but don't have time to upload them right now. Picture 1: This one-way street has "Do Not Enter" signs (the red ones with the white bar), but it is the only way to enter the parking garage for our hotel in Athens; Picture 2: The port of Piraeus as our cruise ship was pulling out; Picture 3: Alice in her fashionable life jacket after our "lifeboat drill"; Picture 4: A view from our cabin window.